Four little Emmoreys

Four little Emmoreys

Friday, October 24, 2008

So, God is good all the time!

I need to start my days with that thought. No matter what happens, always to come back to that! There will always be bad things around me, but if I focus on the goodness of God and His promise to never leave us, then life isn't so bad!

Pastor Doug had a good quote a few weeks ago on Weds night... if you want to be discouraged look around you, if you want to find hope, look up to God! He is the provider of hope! How awesome of a comfort to cling to!

God has give me a great group of friends, some close by and some that I"m not sure when I'll see again face to face. But the famiy of God is amazing. No matter where we are physically, we can always pray for each other and I know God hears those prayers!

Colossians 3:17 was the verse Pastor Doug spent some time on Wednesday night

"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."

He challenged us to base our week, our days, our every thought/action on that verse. No matter what we are doing, to always be able to do it in Christs name. To never be caught doing something that in the middle of you couldn't stop and praise the Lord for it. What a challenge! I think of myself as a good person and one that pleases God most of the time, but a challenge to me is to make sure everything I do is pleasing to Him! Pretty awesome stuff if you ask me!

On a different note... we went on a crib hunt last night with no sucess. We couldn't decide if we wanted to bump Sophia to a big girls bed and give our new baby her crib, or if we wanted to buy a second crib and let her sleep in her crib until she is ready to be done. I dont want to rush her to grow up... and I want to be able to put her in her bed and know she'll be there after my shower. We are still cribless and still looking. But what I said earlier goes still... God is good and will provide us a crib in the perfect timing. I just need to realize it may not be on my time schedule we get it : )

Ok, better get going. Sophia is playing and Caidan is sleeping. I should probably do something productive this morning!

No comments: