Four little Emmoreys

Four little Emmoreys

Friday, May 29, 2009

Overwhelmed

I titled this post overwhelmed....

Tonight, I reached a point where I just didn't know where to turn. Every direction in my hosue had a new job to do, something to clean, something to put away, some project half started and never finished. I realized, how am I going to get it all done?

Then I started, one pile at a time, one small step. I went to the spot where Randy complains about the most, the dogs corner. I vacuumed all the hair and got the entry way done, check. Then I started to put away the toys, in which Sophia went behind me and got back out. So we made it a game and she helped. I tried to do a job in Elliots room,b ut with no luck.

There will always be laundry and dishes to be done. And I am truly grateful I have more than enough for my family. I heard once it put this way, when I see my piles of dirty laundry, I can praise God for providing cloths for my family, and when I see mounds of dirty dishes after a meal I can praise God for providing food for my family. When I look at it that way, I have a much better attitude. And even a step further, the house. I am so thankful I have a house and a place to protect my children from the weather.

Sophia said some pretty cute thigns tonight. Looking at pictures on the computer, she was naming the people she saw and was telling me what they were doing in the picture. She is a smart little girl. She didn't want to go to bed, so she stayed up till about 10 on the couch with me. We just sat under the blanket and talked and she snuggled up close to me and sucked her thumb and just wanted to be close. I know there will be a day when she may not want to be as close all the time, so I am cherishing these moments while they are here. My mom often reminds me of how fast it goes and to embrace it now. She is speaking from experience... so I should do what she says huh?

No comments: