I want to start to do this post on fridays, to unload the week that just past and look forward to the week ahead.
1. I feel my patience is being tested daily with Elliot. He used to be so sweet and not naughty but lately, I want to pull my hair out. In September he gave up the diaper, almost cold turkey. Since then he's had very few accidents. We went away for thanksgiving and since then he's struggled. Today he flat out peed his pants. I think that was the last straw as I put a diaper on him and put him down for a nap. I realize a diaper may not be the right direction, but I"m so tired of this. I know he knows better at this point.... ugh!
2. Sophia is thriving in school. She has lots of friends and even a few boys that she palls around with. I'm not surprised as I have watched a little boy a few months younger than her since they were 9 and 4 months old. No surprise she plays with boys in school.
3. A girl who went to college with me is in surgery right now (as I type) to remove a stage 4 brain tumor. I have no words to express how this is making me feel. I feel so badly for her two young boys and her husband. I know Gods hands are on her body right now and only HE can heal her.
4. I"m excited to have another baby... someday.... not sure when though.
5. I had a crummy head cold this week. Took me down for a few days. What stinks being sick as a mom, you dont get 'sick days'. If I didn't do the laundry, it wouldn't be done.
6. Fridays are our library days. Pretty fun group of kids that my children love to be around.
7. I offered to help with Sophia's schools big event, the auction. Its going to be way more work than I thought or even expected. I'm a tad overwhelmed at it actually. They originally asked me to run it.... I had no idea what I was getting myself into at the time I said 'yes' THen I found out it would be more than I could handle. I am still helping with it. But still overwhelmed at it all.
8. I so want a vacation, a true vacation, where money wasn't an option. sigh maybe someday.