Four little Emmoreys

Four little Emmoreys

Monday, November 9, 2009

615 is way to early

Having a bad dream, mixed with jumping out of bed at 6:15 not knowing what time it was and hoping you weren' late is NOT how I like to start my mondays. I know my response is my responsibility and thus I need to check my attitude at the door or else this week is going to drag on by.

I was waiting for Riley to come today and what to I hear, sophia is up and beside the couch. Not wanting to go back to bed or even go lay in my bed with Randy (and Elliot) she wanted the cartoons. I knew that once Riley got there she would NOT be going back to bed and I would be up. Well, do you know what you get with a 2 year old who didn't sleep long enough, mixed with a boy who isn't used to the hosue and wanting to play with the toys (that the sleepy two year old thinks are hers....)

Its 930 and I'm exhausted. I have a headache creeping up and its only a matter of time before its a full blown headache.

But instead of keeping this post about all the negative going, I am going to turn it around and just start listing all the positives going for me.

1. woke up in a warm bed with a very sweet little boy next to me (elliot)
2. have a husband who loves me and wants to work hard to provide for our family
3. i have a job! it may be working from home doing daycare, but I have a little income to help out!
4. my daughter, as tired as she may be today, is still my daughter =)

Ok, so the list could go on and on, but I am needing to stop for now. Instead of focusing on the bad thigns that may be in front of you today, stop and push them aside and look at the good. See, God doesn't want us to focus on the bad, he wants us to glorify him in whatever we do, and by focusing on the bad its like we are telling God we are unhappy with what HE has provided! How truly selfish!

I challenge you (whoever may be reading this) to really strive today to find the good in every situation placed in front of you. Instead of complaining to others, pour out your heart to God, cry out to Him.He wants to hear from you today! I need to do better at making him my first conversation of the day... instead of my last resort when things are tough.

No comments: