Four little Emmoreys

Four little Emmoreys

Thursday, November 3, 2011

A question to ponder

So, a few days ago my son turned 1. It was a bittersweet day for me as my baby was no longer a 'baby' and now is a 1 year old. But what I found more sad than that, the lack of communication between people I used to talk to alot.

I changed my facebook profile picture to a picture of me from last year when I was ready to pop (literally). I had people comment on my picture, asking if I was pregnant again. One friend even thought she missed my entire pregnancy and thought I was currently that pregnant again.

I'm not upset at these people, but it just goes to show how much we dont communicate anymore. We rely on 1-2 lines on a 'facebook status' or a 'tweet' to get our information instead of talking to these 'friends'. How many friends are on your facebook? I have 338 and I can guarantee more than half I dont talk to in real life ever. I once did talk to them either in school or are family, but not on a regular basis.

I'm not saying to ditch facebook because it does bring a level of value when you can stay in contact with alot of people. But, when you stop caring about a person and simply use facebook to judge how they are doing in life, then we have a problem.

So, go through your friends on facebook and look at each name and ask yourself, how is that person doing? Make an effort to reach out to more people, beyond facebook.

No comments: