Four little Emmoreys

Four little Emmoreys

Friday, July 25, 2008

Roofing

So the past two days, it has been chaos at my house. Starting from 8 in the morning and not stopping until 9, we have had roofers here. We chose to just have friends help us and not pay someone, what a huge blessing they have all been!!!!!

My job has been to feed them all. Not hard right? Well these men can eat. Some of them always come back and look at the empty plates and say "is there any more" Oh, you want more besides the two hamburgers, one bbq chicken sandwhich and two hot dogs you just ate, you want more? The food has already cost us close to $200 dollars... yes I'm not lieing. I dont mind feeding them, but honestly, comments like that drive me crazy. Go to mcdonalds if you want more, I'm all out! For free food dont complain. Yes I know they are working and doing it for free, but come on!!

Besides that its all going well. My brother came today, what a blessing he is! I miss my family but when I see them for the first time or when they first show up a lump always appears in my throat and I just want to cry. I love my family and really miss them all. Being in Michigan I am pretty far away from them all. It stinks, but it can be a good thing. Just not sure how its good yet...

Ok, so I'm pretty tired, exhausted really. I am cooking all day long! I feel like one meal is done and I start the next. It never ends! Now that dinner is over I feel like I can clean up and close the kitchen. My brother is staying over but everyone else is going home! Thankfully only one more day of this. I just done know what I'm going to feed them tomorrow, more burgers? Leftovers? I can make pizza again, that would work. I have to go to the store, and buy more food. Why not.

Ok, my venting is over for tonight. I am so sleeeeepy and my feet are swollen. *sigh*

No comments: