Four little Emmoreys

Four little Emmoreys

Thursday, March 17, 2011

4 years later...

So let me back up about 4.5 years ago. We were living in a cute little house about 45 minutes away from where we are now. I was working at a preschool and I loved it. I had a great lead teacher I worked with. I was on the way home when I saw Randy had called, a few times, and left a message. So I called him back just as soon as I could and he said "What do you think about Clare?" My first response, "Who's Claire?" He laughed and said, "No no the town of Clare" I never realy thought of it much other than driving past to go to the mall in Midland. Well the conversation turned serious when he said he was considering taking a pastor position at a church.

Randy was a senior pastor at a church and it was going, but not the best fit for us. In my opinion, the church needed an older pastor, with more experience. Randy was 26 at the time and had a lot on his plate. ( I was only 23 with a baby on the way )

SO I said no way, Absolutely not was I moving when I was pregnant and starting over. No. Then later that day, I said, well maybe we should pray over it. Thats exactly what we did. In our excitement, we took a drive to Clare to check out the town. It was definately something that interested us.

Needless to say, we started the process, met with the pastor and the board at the church. I got bigger and bigger with our baby and we got more excited about this possibility.

Well, we made the decision and got ready to move. At first, Randy was driving to work everyday and leaving me at home. Well that wasn't working, so we decided to find a place to rent and move to Clare. Yup, the moving day came, March 17, the day of the irish festival in town. We packed up our house the night before and moved the next day. I was 37 weeks pregnant and uncomfortable.

Well, its been 4 years and so many changes! We not only had one baby, we had 3 babies! Our house is bursting at the seams with creativity and love. I couldn't be happier in our situation now.

No comments: