Four little Emmoreys

Four little Emmoreys

Monday, March 14, 2011

A not so brief update on us.

I always think I'm going to stay up with my blog, and then a week or two will pass and I'll remember I wanted to post more. So much for that.

I wanted to update about my children, since they grow and change every single day.

Sophia:

Sophia is a constant battle. She is so strong willed and independent. I love her to pieces and everything about her, but there are days when she is overwhelming. I am trying to do a little preschool activity at home with her but I'm not sure I'm a good teacher for her. I feel as though there are days I have no patience with her. She is very smart and her imagination grows every day. We are planning a birthday party for her in less than 2 weeks. I can't believe my baby will be 4 years old soon. Just doesn't seem possible. The day I took the pregnancy test with her feels like yesterday and now its been 4 years. I feel as though God has blessed me with her!

Elliot:

What can I say about Elliot. He is starting to talk more, which is a huge relief. I was a little worried/concerned about his lack of speech. But all the sudden, like so many said would happen, he is just bursting with words. He is very attached to his dad and cries daily when Randy goes to leave. My heart aches everyday when Randy has to leave because I know it will break Elliots heart. Yesterday in church, the nursery worker was wearing a sweater just like the one I was wearing that day, he went over to her, touched her arm and said "my mama". The worker couldn't figure out what he was saying or what he meant by that until she saw me and put the pieces together. Makes me worry less about his speech when I hear things like that. He is getting it =) He is very busy and likes to help as well. When I clean, he cleans. I give him a wet rag and he goes along with me and helps.

Andrew:

Andrew is now 4.5 months old. He is not sleeping through the night like my other two were at this point but I'm ok with it. I know how fast it goes and I can sleep later. He is also very much a mamas boy. He will sometimes take a long nap for me, but somedays he gets woken up by life happenings in the house. He is content to lay on the floor and watch what goes on around him. He is by far my most snuggly baby and I love that about him. Overall, I would say he is my most easy going baby out of the three.

Randy and I:

Randy and I are doing fine. There are days that are better than others. But we always seem to talk and work things out. Marriage is something you have to work at every single day. Its not easy but I wouldn't have it any other way.

I seem to cry daily over things I can't change or for sheer exhaustion. But God is good, and God is faithful and he hears our crys and our prayers.

No comments: