Four little Emmoreys

Four little Emmoreys

Friday, February 18, 2011

Single parenthood--not for me!

There is one thing in this life I dont want... to be a single parent. I dont think I could do it. I know God will always provide and if I'm in that situation I would be ok, but wowsers!

Randy and I haven't seen each other much the past few weeks. Between working, substitute teaching and working out, I feel like I see him 8 hours a day and 7 of them are spent sleeping.

Yesterday, I had to do some errands and he was busy all day. So that meant I had to take the kids with me... all three of them. It wasn't *that* bad but it was sure not the easiest thing I've ever done.

I had to get a birth certificate for Andrew. Got to the county building, got Andrew in the stroller and Sophia and Ellito out of the van, walked up to the building to see stairs inside the door. Went back to the van, ditched the stroller and put my muscles on.... lugged Andrew up the stairs with Sophia and Elliot in tow. Got to the window, realized I didn't ahve the money, so back out to the van we went. Down the steps, outside, got the money back inside up the steps and back to the lady. Whew. Got the birth certificate no problem. Back to the van.

Next stop. Elliots flu shot.

Already uneasy about giving him the second dose of the flu shot anyway but we already gave him the first so now we have to give him the second. I prayed there would be a close parking spot and there was! It was a new and expectant mommy spot... I think I qualify for that! Get the stroller out again, this time I knew I could use it! Get the kids to the building and up to the doctors office. OF course the waiting room is packed and all I could think about was the sick babies that my kids were around. yuck! Flu shot took all of 1 minute and then we had to wait 15 minutes in the waiting room. Got finished with that and back out to the van we went.

Now, I see this car parking in the new and expectant mommy spot, and out gets two older men.... neither was an expectant mom or a new mom. I wanted to say something but refrained. They both seemed annoyed that I was trying to get out of the building as they were trying to come in.... oh my.

By the time we finally got home I was exhausted. Two stops and it wore me out!

No comments: