Four little Emmoreys

Four little Emmoreys

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Andrew Tyler Emmorey

I would like to introduce you... to my wonderful son... Andrew Tyler.

When we found out we were expecing again, I was so scared. Was I going to be able to handle three children all 3 and under? Well, I wasn't sure, but I was going to find out.

The pregnancy went great. No big hiccups. I started to get wildy uncomfortable at the end and was worried I was having another big baby. At my 38 week appointment, my doctor offered to induce me. I was so torn on the taking the offer. I watned to go on my own but was anxious about it. I knew it would be easier to have the children already with my friends and not worry about going into labor on my own and rushing around. So after some prayer, we decided to go ahead and be induced. I was disappointed in myself but I live with no regrets.

We went trick or treating as a family on October 31, 2010, came home, had a snack and waited. Randy had a meeting that when he was done with, we would drop the kids off at the Grosss' house and then head to the hospital. I was to arrive around 9 PM.

The doctor on call wondered why we didn't start in the morning, but my doctor wanted to start me the night before. The doctor did an u/s to make sure head was down and estimated about a 6-7 lb baby. He inserted the cervadil and I waited.

I sat there and wondered if this was the right thing or not. Contractions were not intense or anything. Randy was able to fall asleep and I know I closed my eyes, I never truly fell asleep all night. The night nurse was wonderful and re-assured me that being induced was ok.

Around 6 AM the contractions started. I remember waking Randy up and telling him they were picking up some. By 630 I could definately tell I was in labor. The doctor came in around 7 and checked me and I was only between a 2-3 CM. Very discouraging to be feeling so many contractions and not be very progressed. He said they were going to send me home to clear a bed for another induction, but since my contractions picked up on their own they would keep me. Praise the Lord! He said he would be back in an hour to break my water.

I was excited for that hour, so we went and walked laps around the OB floor. At 8:30 the doctor came back in and broke my water. Around 9 I was really wanting to shower and be on my feet, so I got in the shower and Randy went home for a few minutes to take care of a few bills and to get a shower himself. By 930 I was back in my bed and the contractions were picking up. The nurse came in and said the contractions were showing up every 1-1.5 minutes. I could tell! I quickly called Randy and told him to hurry that things were progressing and I needed him back ASAP. He got back around 10 and never left my side again.

I was slowly progressing but the pain was intense. At 10:30 I was maybe a 4 but I was asking for drugs. The nurse gave me half dose of nubain and that was wonderful. I was in an out of la-la land for an hour. I was so loopy but the pain was at least bearable. When that dose was wearing off Randy asked the nurse for another dose. She checked me but I dont remember where I was at that point. At 11:30 I got a second dose of nubain. That dose didn't do much as the first did.

I can remember when they started to get the room ready for me to push.... I was in a foggy daze from 10:30-1 from the nubain but that started to wear off and my head came with it. I remember screaming that I wanted to push and everyone kept telling me not to. Pretty hard to not push when my body was taking over like that. The doctor was hurrying about to get me ready but Andrew plowed his way through. Finally at 1:31 PM, Andrew was born. It was one of the happiest moments of my life.

My sweet husband however, didn't fare so well. He did fine during Sophia's labor, was so-so with Elliot, but with Andrew, he just couldn't take it. Andrews birth was more intense for both of us because it happened so fast.

They laid him up on my chest and I was in love. Of course, we waited to find out we were having a boy and I was very very surprised he was a boy. I remember asking to check again!

Three months later, I'm growing more and more in love with this little boy. He isn't sleeping through the night (both my other two were at this point) but I"m ok with that. I'm loving every day!

Andrew Tyler Emmorey November 1, 2011, 8 lbs 8 oz 20.5 inches

No comments: