Four little Emmoreys

Four little Emmoreys

Friday, February 11, 2011

Another day in paradise

Have you ever had one of those days where you hit the floor running. Today, was one of them.

Randy had a substitute teaching job so he was up early, so was Sophia and she kindly went and woke Elliot up.... all was up at 630 this morning. I used to be a morning person, but I remember when I would wake early, I never had to deal with people. Today, I had to deal with people. Oh my. The day just took off from there.

I got a few loads of laundry folded, and put away, which is always good. Not much needed to get done with that. Then I cleaned up the kitchen and even wiped everything down.... nice to have that done. I checked the clock, it was only 10 AM. The day was dragging on!

Fed the kids an early lunch, tator tots and chicken nuggets, always a big hit around the house. They all went down for naps easily which was a blessing.

I was actually able to sit and read for a few minutes which turned into an hour and almost 50 pages later. Whew, it was nice. I can't remember the last night I sat and read a book for fun. Its been a while.

What I'm trying to say in my ramble of a post.... I wouldn't trade these days for anything. They may be crazy moments at that, but its love for sure. My children are so precious to me and so wonderful. Despite how many times I walk into the kitchen to find Elliot sitting on the counter.... yup had a few of those today as well.

All in all, it was just another day in paradise!

No comments: