Four little Emmoreys

Four little Emmoreys

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Our upcoming vacation

My children are growing to fast. Sophia just came up to me and asked me how many days till she can go to preschool because she is so excited to go and learn. I'm not sure how she got so big. I pick her up and she seems so long and lean that she hardly fits to be held. Then there is Elliot who is a bruiser. He likes to play and be rough but there are times he likes to curl up on my lap and snuggle. Andrew is still little, so seeing his personality is hard yet. But I have a feeling he'll be rough and tough like Elliot but also caring and loving.

I am a planner, and like to have things all figured out. (yet I can wait to find out if I'm having a boy or girl till the baby is born). We are going on vacation on monday and I"m already so stressed about it. Getting through the airport with three kids, getting on the plan, the flight, then fitting into the car once we are in FL. All things that have me stressed. I want to go and I know we'll have a fun time but its just a lot to get there! My mother in law is so kind and caring and has gotten things ready for us and is highly anticipating us coming. She hasn't met Andrew yet so I know she can't wait. He'll be almost 4 months old before she meets him for the first time!

We are packing light and planning to do laundry. I have a luandry basket full of clothes and plan to cut it in half even still! Only taking one suitcase for the five of us and then a back pack, the diaper bag, and the camera bag. PLUS a double stroller, a single umbrella stroller and then two car seats that will be checked with the suitcase as well as the infant carrier. Sounds like a lot of stuff. Yes, it is, but we truly are packing light! They need car seats, so thats a given, and then the stroller is a given as well. When you have small children, the stuff adds up fast. The older they get the less stuff they need! Not ready for those days but looking forward to traveling light!

Just a couple more days till we leave. I think we are leaving sunday night instead of getting up super early on monday to leave in time to catch our 830 flight. Getting a cheap hotel the night before and then still getting up early but not as early to drive the 3 hours the night before.

Vacations are always fun but for me stressful!

No comments: