Four little Emmoreys

Four little Emmoreys

Monday, February 7, 2011

Christian Education

Randy and I are soon to be facing a big milestone in Sophia's life. School. This fall she is going to preschool. Just not sure where. There are two christian schools within 40 minutes. Not ideal, but the one we have a few friends who could car pool with and it wouldn't be as bad of a drive. There are also the public schools. I'm not against public school at all, but I really feel burdened to at least look into the christian school world and see if its an option for us.

The cost shouldnt' be an issue but being a pastor, we would recieve a discount. I think Sophia would do fine in either setting but I dont want her to be influenced negatively like she would be at public school. Could she be wrongly influenced at a christian school, yes. But I pray that wont happen.

So here are the options.

Carpooling with a few other friends tues-friday for preschool. OR driving 2 miles to the local free preschool. You would think the second option is what I am leaning towards but I'm not. I know the teacher at the christian school. She is a close friend of mine and I know she would always be honest with me about my daughters education and her progress. I dont know the other teachers at the free preschool. I love the idea of her getting the christian school education.

So much to think and pray about! As a parent, I want to do the very very best for my children. Always.

They mean so much to me and I value their education. Not just to learn but to be taught the Bible as well.

No comments: