Four little Emmoreys

Four little Emmoreys

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

The weekend

Ok, I am really trying to do better on posting on this blog. I had a xanga account, but I never wrote on it, so I'm going to turn this one around!

Sunday was a busy day! We had sunday school, and then church, and then we took a group of teens from our youth group to The Springs to clean. They have a retreat center and in that center there is the motel side and the dorm side. I was put in cleaning the bathroom toilets. It took me back to when I worked at Slippery Rock Baptist Camp with Keara and Anne in the bathrooms. Just something about cleaning a toilet that it is a real humbling experience. AFter the toilets were all clean, I went back to the beginning of the hotel rooms and mopped the bathroom floors. I also vaccumed a bit but there was two vaccums, so the job got done faster. It was just a good day. After we got home, I went and picked up my daughter from the babysitter and went to youth group. Small group was really well! The girls I think are really wanting to grow and develop there relationships, but just dont know how to. I''m so excited to help them!

After youth group we had a SNAC (Sunday night after church) at a families house. It went till about 9 oclock. We played smash the pumpkin. The guy who owns the house and hosted the SNAC tied a pumpkin up and then blindfolded a teen and had them take a swing at it. It was pretty cool. THey also had a bonfire out for us to sit out and enjoy. Two girls, Lydia and Nicole stayed inside and kept Sophia for us. They are both out of youth group and really enjoy babies.

OK, so now about the house. They were supposed to dig the new well yesterday. THey did not. I'm starting to really give it up. I know God will have that well dug when its time. Not my time. I have such a human perspective on the whole situation. I guess I'm not really giving it to God. Just what I'm telling my small group to do, I'm not doing. How do I expect them to do it, when I can't!

Alright. My mother in law is coming today to take us out to lunch because she is leaving for Florida on Saturday and wont be back until April or May. We are going to try to get down to see them in February, if we start budgeting for the trip!!

LAter gaters!

No comments: