Four little Emmoreys

Four little Emmoreys

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

God is so good!

The title of this post is God is so good, and I wonder why I allow myself to be surprised by that... He is good all the time and I need to just stand in awe of that goodness daily!

I have been struggling with wanting more money. Not to buy more things, but to pay off debt and get ourselves in a better position in life. Well, Randy put an add on craigslist for daycare and then we both forgot about it. I got a phone call last night and I am meeting with a mom of two boys tomorrow to talk about me watching her boys! God is so good. Randy also put on the add that the husband was a pastor in a local church (that probably turned people away) but that is what caught this ladies eye. They are lookig for a new church and thought about visiting ours.

If this works out, I'll have three extra boys in home three days a week, but I'll be making at least $75 a week which will help out tremedously!

I told Randy on the way home after setting the time to meet tomorrow with the mom that God wants us to be completely broken and in a position where our entire strength comes from Him before He can truly work. If you hold back, I believe He will too. The blessing will come when you allow Him to work. I often daydream of what would be the best for our family, and when I stop doing that and allow God to just work then good happens!

So pray that the meeting would go well tomorrow (at 10:30) and that I would be open and honest with the mom and now let what I want to shine through, but what God wants to shine the brightest!

This also has made us want to get the family room going to make into the 'daycare' room and really make our home inviting for these little ones and their families. God has given me the ability and the desire to work with little ones and this is just me using that gift!

No comments: