Four little Emmoreys

Four little Emmoreys

Thursday, August 27, 2009

I am the created...

(attempt number two... Elliot was helping and deleted my last post... hehe)


So last night, I had the opportunity to sit under Pastor Doug's teaching. God has blessed him with the gift of teaching and sharing. I am really benefiting from sitting under his ministry in Clare!

So he opened the Word from Matthew 4 where Jesus was fasting and after 40 days, satan came and attempted to TEMPT Jesus. After two failed attempts, satan then made the most ridiculous attempt. He offered Jesus everything in his sight to be his. What is so funny about that, Jesus created everything and it all was his already! Satan must not have been the smartest crayon in the box to not figure that one out! Finally Jesus said, enough with you, be gone, and satan left and the angels came and ministered to Him.

There are two big applications I took home from this bible time. One, there are times in my life I try to plan what is best for me and think i know how to handle mylife better than God. WHen truthfully, I am the created telling the creator what is best. If I was smart, I would just allow God, creator of everything, author of life, to have control! Seems simple but yet having control seems to control me, lol.

The second thing I am taking home from this lesson... even in the midst of trial and temptation... God will be there for you! After you go through a temptation and come out the other side, He will be there to minister to you! Jesus had just fasted for 40 days.... there is no doubt he was hungry after not eating for that amount of time. The angels came and ministered to him, maybe brought him food, or sustained Him in some way. Just like He will do for you when you go through a trial or a hard time!

How awesome! I tell you what, the GOD I serve is awesome. I need to just keep that in mind everyday (all day really) and rest in that truth!

Now onto my living room. Elliot is laying on the floor watching me, wondering when I am going to close this white laptop and come play with him. His sister is in bed, Caidan is sleeping, so he needs some entertainment here! hehe

No comments: