Four little Emmoreys

Four little Emmoreys

Thursday, August 27, 2009

To the one I love

I've been doing alot of thinking lately about Randy. He is truly the most wonderful man to ever walk into my life. You may read this and think your husband is better, GOOD, I want you to think that. But for me, Randy is the most influential person to ever be a part of my daily life.

It all started that July morning back in 2003. I picked my cousin up for camp that morning and headed to camp, only about 20 minutes from home. I had realized that weekend before, I had never gone any amount of time not liking a guy. I always had someone I was liking at the moment and if I didn't, I thought something was wrong with me. I never just allowed God to have my heart. I was interested in a guy that summer who didn't seem to be at all interested back in me and I was so bummed over it. I let God have control that morning. I told Lexxie on the drive that I was conent and I didn't need to have a guy in my life to be happy.

To make a long story short, I met Randy that day and my life changed. He was everything I wanted in a guy and so much more. We only spent 2 weeks together and many many letters and phone calls and visits later... we are where we are today.

But today, 6 years later, he is still so much to me. I am more in love with him now than I was then. He works so hard to provide for our family. He has a full time job and for awhile was working a second and then a little on the side even still to make ends meet. We make more than enough, God has always provided enough for us, but he was working more and more to just cushion us. To make my security gland feel secure. He is just always thinking of his family and any way to better us.

I never hear him complain or get upset over things. He seems to always have a good attitude about everything. Then there is me, complaining about this or that or in need of some retail therapy because the children are stressing me out. His job can be very stressful, dealing with people is never an easy thing! So out of the two of us, he has room to complain and feel the need to vent, bt yet he never does!

God has truly blessed me with Randy. I thank God every day for giving him to me and not giving me what I wanted when I first graduated or even my freshman year of college. Life sure would be different without him by my side.

I am so proud of what he does and how he handles himself and carries himself. He truly has a heart for people... something that is just plain hard to do! I dont know what I did to deserve such a wonderful, loving, caring husband and father to my two children, but I am thankful!

Thats another side of him, being a dad! He is so good with Sophia and Elliot, he loves thos two so much. He simple adores Sophia and can't wait to play with Elliot when he gets home. He always takes Elliot from me and kisses him and talks to him, then will go to Sophia and play with her. Tonight, he was dancing with her in the living room to her little piano. THey would hit the button for a song and just dance around. It was so cute. I want Sophia to grow up to find a husband like him and I want Elliot to grow up to be like him. That is my prayer for my children.

So its 1230 now.... still not tired but I know tomorrow will be here soon (it already is tomorrow!) and I have two little ones coming around 11 and I need to just be awake and ready for them.

Just was laying in bed next to him and thinking how blessed I am to have him as my husband. I am very thankful for the paths that lead us to each other. The different relationships that molded us to be ready for one another, as painful as they were, I am thankful for them! They made us ready for each other at the same time!

All the little things dont go un-noticed... I have the man for me who completes me, who I can and WILL grow old with. : )

No comments: