Four little Emmoreys

Four little Emmoreys

Monday, May 4, 2009

Making the most of a great day

So I want to start by saying how much I enjoy mondays. Randy works so hard on Sundays and all week really and monday is our true family day. And we have done our job at keeping it a family day. Guarding it so we keep it that way!

This morning started out great. Elliot slept till 7! I fed him, my favorite feeding of the day, and then I was going to run to the store for milk and going to take him. Sophia woke up and instead of taking Elliot, I took her. So I gave Elliot to Randy and Sophia and I went out. I always pray Sophia behaves as we go into a store and thankfully, God doesn't think those are silly prayers!

After the store, came home and made breakfast, here is the conversation I had with Sophia:

Me: Sophia, do you want mommy pancakes or daddy pancakes?
Sophia: Daddy pancakes
Randy: Do you want daddy or mommy pancakes
Sophia: Daddy pancakes
Randy: Do you want Elliot pancakes?
Sophia: He is to little

I loved it! So I went and back breakfast, then hit the couch. I dont know why I was so tired! Randy was on the smaller couch with Elliot and Sophia was playing and leaving me alone so I could rest, it was great.

Finally we decided to not be lazy on our day but to get a project done, so up we went. We went to the hardware store and then we went out to lunch! Wonderful! We picked up an electric chainsaw and when we got home we went to work.

We cut out the bushes in the front of our house and it really makes a huge difference. WE still have to dig out the roots, but Randy wasn't worried about that today, that will be next monday. But we did so much work and my hands and arms are so sore. Thankfully my children slept most of the time and we were both able to really tackle the project.

I love being able to work next to Randy and help him those projects. We really do make a great team. He is my best friend. I can't imagine walking side by side in life with anyone else. I had the opportunity to choose someone else (two other people actually) and I walked away from those relationships. I'm so glad I did.

After working hard outside, we went and got dinner at the ice cream place in town, it was so neat! We sat outside and ate then got ice cream.

We made the most of this day. We didn't waist a minute. Tonight, Randy had to go to work and I paid bills. That sorta brought me down to reality after such a great day but its amazing, we have enough money to pay our bills! Praise the Lord! We dont have extra this month, which is ok, we dont need extra. WE just need to stick to the plan!

Ok, gotta get some sleep. I have a little one coming tomorrow and I want to get extra sleep. I got lots of fresh air today so maybe tonight will be a good night of sleep : )

No comments: