Four little Emmoreys

Four little Emmoreys

Friday, May 1, 2009

A trip to the store(s)

So, you ever see the commercial where the lady is walking through walmart, with the toddler in the cart and the baby in the carrier and she loses a sock and goes and gets one, then the girl gets a stain on her shirt so the mom goes and gets a new one... and everyone looks so happy and peacefull... you definately know they were acting!

Today, I attempted to be that lady, walking through the store with two little ones. I made the list, and I was being a good girl and sticking to only what was on the list (I only put three things in that weren't on the list! woo, go me!) So I was very worried about it actually, would Sophia not listen, would Elliot think he needed fed in the middle of my adventure?

Well, I got to Walmart to see Sophia was asleep with a sucker stuck to her pants, great! I put the carrier on and strap Elliot in, then I snatched a cart, thankful that not everyone puts them back in the cart carole... oh and did I mention I snagged a front row parking spot! That NEVER happens to me! We get into the store and I pull out the list.. and we are doing great! I spent the whole time talking to Sophia and telling her what was on the list, and what we were putting in the cart... she did great.

I ran into a few friends with their little baby who is only a month old, so tiny and sweet. Elliot isn't so tiny anymore, who am I kidding, was he ever tiny?

So we get into the car, stop one... check.

We head to Sam's Club for dog food, diapers and wipes. Not a big deal right? Well, Sophia didn't want to sit in the cart again, but thankfully I bribed her and she listend. This is when it gets funny.

The dog food, 50 pound bag... remember where Elliot is, strapped to me... not easy. I manage the bag half into the cart, its in, not going to fall out, I'm good.

Now I check out and the lady at the register tells me how polite my daughter is and how good of a job I am doing with her. WOW! I love getting complitments from people out in public like that. I work hard with her and I like that people notice.

So now I'm getting that 50 pound bag of dog food to the van... I strap both kids in the car seats, check, put the other items in the van, now to the dog food. Its a heavy bag, I manage it to the back of the van and flip it over the seat... no room in the back back, has to go into the back seat. The wind is blowing, my hair is a mess (another story for another day) and I look like a million bucks. I have spit up on my shirt, thank you Elliot, and by the time I get back into the van, I am close to $200 poorer and needing a sweat tea from McDonalds. Which I got on my way home : )

So yeah, I bet the security cameras were having a great time recording me and my attempts today. Thankfully it didn't rain on me, and both of my children cooperated and didn't fuss/scream/act out! Thank you Lord! Elliot actually fell asleep on me, so sweet. And Sophia ate her M&M's and was very pleasant!

I also rented 3 movies for tonight, they were only $1 a movie! So I'm going to have a movie night while Randy works...

Ok, gotta go, Sophia is NOT napping and now that she isn't in her crib anymore she thinks she doesn't need one! Yikes!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So funny! I can only imagine what a feat it is to run errands with two small children (Will I find out for myself one day? Hmmmm) in tow. I'm rather proud of myself after running errands and I only have one little on to take along.

Congrats on your successful trip! ;) I hope there are many more in your future.