Four little Emmoreys

Four little Emmoreys

Friday, May 15, 2009

So blessed

So I heard this song on the radio last week, we were sitting in the mall parking lot of all places. I was feeding Elliot and Randy and Sophia were enjoying a blizzard from Dairy Queen as we waiting. I turned on the radio and this song was coming on. The lyrics have been in my head for awhile... I think it was Martina McBride singing about how blessed she was. And going over all the things in her life that makes her blessed. I thought about this the whole way home from the mall, about 30 minutes and you know, I am also very blessed. I started thinking of all the ways in my head and thought it would be a good post. I'll list them (and this list goes on and on)

1. I have a husband who loves me and I know when he says it he means it. He isn't looking at other women, he is loyal to me. I have his love completely.

2. I have not one, but two beautiful healthy children! They may push my buttons and stretch my patience, but I am blessed.

3. I was able to be pregnant. I have a good friend who bless her heart hasn't been able to carry a child yet, and although they have adopted and they love their son, they still have the desire to give birth. I am so thankful that I am able to but dont understand why God allows some and not others. I keep praying God allows her to have her own. Be like Sarah in the bible (although, not when she is 90) but to have one of her own.

4. We are able to pay our bills. Money may be tight, but God has provided every month and we have not had to go without... always had food and a place to live.

5. Randy has a job! In the hard times right now, he has a job that he loves and he even has a job in the evenings to help pay down the debt a little faster. So many are without jobs right now or soon to be without a job and wondering where the money will come from, but we have a job!

See, that is 5 things, but the list could go on and on! So when you are having a bad day or a day that you wish would be different, stop and think of all the good in your life. The blessings, and it will brighten your day! I often find myself grumbling over the small things. And then the blessings start to pop into my head. I never get far into the list before my day is better.

I hope this post brought you some encouragment tonight. I know its something I need to remind myself of from time to time!

No comments: