Four little Emmoreys

Four little Emmoreys

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mothers Day 2009

So today was Mothers Day. A day completely devoted to Mothers and how special they are. My mother in law said it best to my two year old daughter, today is about mom, every other day is about you but today, its all about mom. I liked that.

At church today, Pastor Doug talked about moms and how to resepct moms. He pointed us to great scriptrues regarding parents and their children.

Proverbs 10:1- A wise son makes a glad father, But a foolish son is the grief of his mother.

Proverbs 6:20- My son, keep your father's command, And do not forsake the law of your mother.

Proverbs 23:25- Let your father and mother be glad. And let her who bore you rejoice.

Proverbs 20:20- Whoever curses his father or his mother, His lamp will be put out in deep darkness (YIKES!)

Proverbs 23:22- Listen to your father who begot you, And do not despise your mother when she is old.

These are the verses he references and took us to while we were studying the scriptures today. I really want to raise my children to love God and serve Him! The last point and the thing that made me really think, Pastor Doug said, the one thing you can give your mom, the greatest gift, to Love God mroe than you love her. And yes, as a mom, I would love to have my chidren tell me that and live it! I have already wrote in their journals that I want them to live for God and love Him with every fiber of them, but that is just perfect. THat is the greatest gift. I would love to see my children someday living for God, serving Him in whatever and everything they do!

Also, another point, I want to teach my son to have a relationship with me. I want him to talk to me and treat me with respect. His future wife will someday be grateful for that. I want Randy to show him how to love me and how to respect me. I believe Elliot will learn how to treat a woman by watching his dad. I am also very grateful that Randy has a good relationship with his mom. He may not always agree with her but he loves and respects her. Something I want Elliot to learn as he grows.

I think mothers should be celebrated everyday.

No comments: