Four little Emmoreys

Four little Emmoreys

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Mary's point of view

I can't help but think of Mary, the mother of Jesus, and all that had to go through her mind the months leading up to the birth of Jesus.

Take a teenage girl, who has never known a man, and have an angel appear to her and say, hey look, you are going to conceive and carry a boy, name him Jesus, and he is going to be the Savior, God's only son who will die on a cross to forgive you and everyone else of their sins.

HOLY COW! I am playing Mary in our churchs play, and reading over my lines and putting my mind into the part makes me really stop and think of what kind of person Mary was. She didn't seem to hesitate or argue or say NO to the Angel, but she said "LEt it be to me what you have said!"

I heard a song the other day, A Baby Changes Everything" by Faith Hill and it is so true. I first thought the song was about a teenage mother getting pregnant, but it was about Mary and how one baby changed everything!

One baby changed my life, the birth of Jesus, gave me hope in my hopeless life, His dying on the cross gave me a hope of eternity with Him someday in heaven. How awesome!!!

As this Christmas season fastly approaches and you get lost in the shuffle of the holidays, stop and think of what went through Mary's mind, and Josephs mind as well. This couple promised to be wed, never had been together physically and yet she is found with child. That would be a little hard to explain.

If you are interested, go to you tube, and type in A Baby Changes Everything and just listen to the words of the song. Powerful words to a new beginning!

Playing this role as Mary wasn't something I would have jumped to do on my own, but being pregnant this year made me want to do it. I am not an actress by any means, but its an honor to get to play Mary. Sure I got the part because I look the part this year, but its pretty exciting to get to play the mother of my Savior!

I can't imagine what that first few nights was like for Mary and Joseph. Being born in a stable, not a clean hospital or a clean house even, but a dirty stable, where the animals eat and sleep and poop. (well come on, they do that too!)

Ok, I'll stop going and going about my amazement about this time of year. I love this holiday and the meaning behind it, so its only fitting I have a baby due shortly after : )

Have a great night and evening and if you read this on Christmas, have a very merry Christmas!!!

1 comment:

Cassie said...

So crazy for you to blog about this b/c this thought just hit me the other day too. "Wow I get to be pregnany the same time Mary was...very cool"