Four little Emmoreys

Four little Emmoreys

Friday, December 19, 2008

One month is no time....

Every time I go to the doctors, I expect him to say everything looks good, so when it happens I am not as surprised, but today, I was really happy to hear everything looked good.

I gained 4 pounds, in less than two weeks. Yes, thats a bit scary but whatever, I'm growing a baby and I need to be gaining weight right? I am only up 28 pounds total, so thats not bad. Sophia was about 39-40 pounds, so I still have ten pounds till I reach that. But of course, I have another four weeks...

Our sons heart rate was 133 and I do believe he was sleeping. He has always been so active, but today at the doctors he was nice and still and the heart beat was strong and steady. It is always such a miracle and a blessing to hear the heart beat. Makes me really appreciate the little life growing inside of me.

My doctor is a wonderful doctor. He has a small practice but he has many patients because of how good he is. I feel like he gives us time to ask and answer questions and never rushes me out the door. Today he talked about what to do when that blessed day arrives and when to head to the hospital. We live just a few miles from the hospital, so I am not worried about making it on time. BUT you never know.

I am so thankful and excited to meet this little life. I love my family the way it is, but I do feel like a part of us is missing. Once he is here, I dont know if I'll have that complete feeling or not, but I do know this little guy is much anticipated!

Randy has to work his second job tonight. Thankfully, he only has to work tonight and then he is off for two weeks. Which will get us through Christmas and New Years, then he has to go back. I want him to have off after the baby is born, but I think I"ll be ok. He leaves for work around 7 and Sophia is only up for another hour, so she'll go down and it will only be the little boy and I... so I should be able to handle that!

Plus... American Idol starts sometime in January, so I"ll be very excited to start that up with the Blackwells. Give Kathy some girl time since her daughters are both heading back to college in early Jan... Kathy needs a girl around there a few nights a week with her hubby and two sons!

I was a tad depressed today when my doctor told me he thinks I will go full term... but that is only 1 more month. That is no time at all. With Christmas next week and then New years the week after, then it will only be two weeks.... It will go fast. I look at Sophia and think of how fast her pregnancy and short life has gone and think, soon I'll be sitting here letting them play together.... in a blink of an eye really!

One month is nothing!

Happy reading! (Sophia just pooed for the second time today, better go take care of it... I suppose...lol)

No comments: