Four little Emmoreys

Four little Emmoreys

Friday, January 9, 2009

10 days to go...

So there have been movies with "10" in the title, How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, 10 Things I hate about you.... How about a new one... "10 days to go!"

I am not 10 days before my due date and technically, this baby could be born at any day. But I am not focusing on that. Instead I am thinking of the last 10 days before my daughter has to share me.

Soon, she wont have my undivided attention during the day. Her meals may have to be delayed a few minutes because I have to feed her brother. Looking at it that way, makes me ok with waiting.

I chat online with this birth board, have been since this summer and its been great. The ladies are all so supportive (we are all due in the month of JAN 09). Well, there have been I think 18 babies born already... 10 before Jan even started! ITs hard to read about the babies and how others are going into labor, but I have had to step back and say, its not your time Sara! Just be patient.

When I try to plan my childs birthday, its like I'm telling God, its ok, I got this one. Um. No thank you! This is a situation I not only want, but I need God's help. Having a baby is not an easy job and I could never go it alone. (Nor do I want to)

So as much as picking my child's birthday and knowing the time and day he will be born, I'm learning to be content.

I went to bed last night at 10 PM and slept until 3 when I got a text from a birth buddy on the board saying she had her baby.... (yeah DEE!!!!) and then updated the board and was actually able to sleep until 9! I woke up and feel great today. I am still uncomfortable, but oh well! I feel great today.

So whatever day this little boy wants to come, is ok with me. I really dont want to be induced if I can avoid it, and so I want things to just happen naturally on their own when he is ready. I am a firm believe he will too!

Ok, Randy is bring home pizza for lunch for me, and Sophia is finally asleep. She was so cranky I just laid her down. After a few minutes of fighting it, she is finally out. She has had a cold, so a little more sleep is a good thing for her : )

Thanks for reading. As soon as this little bundle of joy comes I'll be sure to post his story : )

1 comment:

Keara said...

We're praying for you! HANG IN THERE, my friend! Soon you're family of three will be four. What a WONDERFUL BLESSING! :) You (or Randy) had better text me when you go into labor! If you think of it! :)