Four little Emmoreys

Four little Emmoreys

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

2 week check up--- update!

So today, we took Elliot to his 2 week check up. I say we, but it just me that went. Randy kept Sophia and actually took her to church with him for a little bit while we were gone.

It was uneventful. He is now 9 pounds 10 ounces... which is up from birth-weight. Awesome! My doctor was very impressed with him, says he is in the 90-95% for height/weight/head. Who would have thought little me would have such a big baby. But he told me not to expect this to stay up, it'll probably taper off to around the 50th percentile. Seeing as Randy and I are not big people : )

The doctor looked at me, and said "dont take this the wrong way... (oh great right?) but you look like you have the new mom glow. You look tired, sure, but there is something about the new mom glow that I love seeing when new moms come in." Yes I am very tired, and I think I look very tired, but that is so nice to hear sometims. The new mom glow... I think it is a combination of very tired and the love for this new little baby!

Elliot is such a blessing and such a good baby. He eats well, sleeps well and when awake focuses on my face now... I love it! I heard once that baby girls will focus on your face earlier and baby boys will find the fan or the light over your face.. that is also very true! Sophia focused on my face more early.. Elliot will see my face and then oh the light! No celing fans to catch his eye in our house. So cute though!

Randy went to get his birth certificate today, and so we can take him on the airplane next month, proof of who he is : ) So exciting!

It was a pretty uneventful day so far, but its now 1:22 and I'm wiped out! I wanted to find a new sling today.. but after the doctor appointment I decided it wasn't worth it, I was too tired. Elliot would have been fine, he just ate before I left the office, but I just wanted to get home.

Good news, I got a coupon for 15% off at Babies R Us... so I think Monday will be our trip over to get one! How cool!!!

A little nervous about the weekend... Randy is taking our teens to snow camp and will be gone friday night-sunday afternoon. I can handle it, I just am getting a little worried about it. We wont be leaving the house or anything... but it'll make for an interesting day on Saturday! We'll probably not go to church on sunday... not ready to make that trip without Randy there to help yet! Oh we'll be fine... just a little nervous.

Gotta go, I so want a nap, but now Sophia is awake, not sure if it'll happen or not... hmm... wishful thinking!

No comments: