Four little Emmoreys

Four little Emmoreys

Monday, January 26, 2009

Day 12

Elliot is now 12 days old, can you believe it? How is this possible. I honestly dont believe it sometimes when I look at my family. Not only am I married, but I have an almost 2 year old and a newborn! WOW!

We took Elliot to the health department today, he is now 9 pounds 10 ounces.. and 21.25 inches tall. Which means he is a quarter inche bigger and he has gained back all he lost after he was born and then some! The goal by the two week appointment is to have passed his birth weight. His two week appointment is on Wednesday, so we'll get to have him weighed again then!

Sophia has adjusted fairly well to him. Today is the first full day where it was just the four of us, so we are still adjusting. Tomorrow Randy goes back to work all day, so we'll see how I do with both kids without help.

We are getting dinner brought today, which is very nice. The ladies in the church decided to wait until after our parents all went home to start the meals... such a blessing!

Elliot is so strong and perfect. He honestly sleeps all the time and he is already holding his head up. He was doing that before we even left the hosptial. I guess when you are born "half grown" as people like to tell me, you can do that!

Well, Elliot is stirring from his sleep so I better go get him, change him and then feed him. That is pretty much the story of my life! Its all worth it. It wont be like this for long and I am soaking it in... I really love my children and my life right now! So wonderful!

1 comment:

Determined Runner Girl said...

I feel the same way--are we even old enough to be married and have kids?! Lol! Elliot is beautiful, Sara. Love you :)