Four little Emmoreys

Four little Emmoreys

Saturday, February 14, 2009

1 month old

Today Elliot is one month old. Hard to believe its only been a month, yet it seems like the month has gone fast at the same time. Hard to describe. This past month has been great but so much has changed. We went from a family of 3 to a family of 4. Bringing a new baby home changes everything.

But not only is today Elliots one month birthday, it is also Valentines day. La-de-stinkin da... haha... Even though I have RAndy this is just another day. I can celebrate my love to him every day, I dont need a day like today to do so. But I did wake up this morning and made him a chocolate cake. I was going to have it done last night but I ran out of energy, so I made it this morning.

We are going out tonight, on a couples date night. I want to go out with him, but I would rather go to dinner and then come home, not be gone the whole evening. We have some good friends watching Sophia and Elliot. I dont want to leave him for as long as we are going to be gone. We are dropping him off at 4:30 and wont be back till close to 10... thats almost 3 feedings!! I am such a planner and want to feed him right before we drop him off, then it'll only be 1 maybe 2 while we are gone...

Elliot slept great last night. He ate at 6, 9, 12:30 and then 4:30 then not again until 8:30. He is starting to get a real pattern at night! I say that now and then tonight he'll have a terrible night.

So, I'm not sturggling with Elliot, but with Sophia. She is becoming very defiant and doesn't want to listen. She is constantly trying to sit on Elliot in his swing, push the swing very high or she'll just go over and hit him in the head. I have tried to give her special one on one time without Elliot but it doesn't seem to be working! I know raising children can be hard, and if I let her get away with things now I'll have a harder time controlling her as she grows.

Oh, on a lighter note, I enjoy a freshly fallen snowfall on Christmas morning, not valentines day! Snow snow go away! The only thing making the snow ok, a week from monday I will be in sunny Florida with my inlaws! Its only for a week, but its ok, a week of sunshine will be nice! Sophia enjoys her Beega.. so hopefully we have a nice week!

Better go get ready for the day. I have a hot date tonight! Without my two attachments on me... Oh my the chocolate cake smells so good... I may have a hard time not eating it!

No comments: