Four little Emmoreys

Four little Emmoreys

Saturday, February 21, 2009

3 hour nap

So we had a busy day, ha, busy week and month really ( I have a busy life ) Well, we had a busy day and I had been packing and cleaning all day. We went to a friends anniversary party at church today and afterwords I laid Sophia down and went to feed Elliot. He ate very well, burped and I laid him down and next thing I know its 3 hours later... whoa. I haven't slept that hard and good for so long. I worry now though that Sophia took just as late of a nap with me that she may not sleep for awhile... Elliot is still sleeping, but thats to be expected. All that boy does is eat, sleep and poop. Gotta love that life!

I am just so thankful for our wonderful church family. When Randy and I got married we were serving in a church in Reed City. The people were great there, but it wasn't what we thought it would be. The church needed someone with experience with leadership, something Randy wasn't able to bring. So after much prayer and many discussions, we made the decision to move. We started in Clare the first week in March of 2007. Hard to believe its been almost 2 years now!

The ministry here is so awesome. The people are all eager to learn and willing to help. I don't feel like its work for Randy, but its our church. We said last week that its sad we won't get to go to church as a family because of Randy's involvement with the service, but its ok! He has such an awesome opportunity to lead the music and lead the youth, I love it.

When we were in Reed City, I would think that our children would not grow up there, I couldn't picture it. Here, I am already putting Sophia in school and doing after school activities. Which makes my mom sad that we are making these plans and having long term plans here, but its awesome. I have made some great friends here. Other moms with little ones, and moms with kids who are older. I love it!

God has really blessed us in giving this ministry! Pastor Doug has such a love for the word of God and to teaching it. I have learned a lot from him over the past two years. What is very funny, we canidated, accepted the job and then it occurred to me that we never heard Pastor Doug preach. It made Randy and I both laugh to think that we never heard him preach. We just knew it was the church for us that it didn't really matter.

So, now I am well rested :) and we are leaving for Florida in a day and a half, so I should really get packed and ready to go. I don't want to leave it for tomorrow afternoon... packing last minute is always bad for me, I forget important things waiting till the last minute!

Ok, gotta put dinner away, it was Randys night to cook, so he ordered pizza and had it delivered because we are in a blizzard... ok, maybe just a snow storm, but it looks like a blizzard out there! Hey I dont care what we had or what he made, I didn't have to think about it, or make it. All I have to do is put it away! I love my husband!

No comments: