Four little Emmoreys

Four little Emmoreys

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Vacation Update

So here I am, two days now home from Florida, and I'm just starting to recover, or am I?

We flew out on the 23rd of Feb and it was all in all a good time. We had an extra seat for Sophia which worked out great. Randy and I had to go out and get a few things we didn't want to pack and so Beega (Randy's mom) loved holding Elliot while we were gone. sophia went to bed. That was a rough night for her,she did NOT want to sleep!

The week was fun, it flew by, but we made the most of it. We did a lot of shopping, swimming, eating and relaxing. Notice I didn't put alot of sleeping, lol, Elliot is still very much a mommmas boy and loved getting up at night to be with me. But he seemed to really thrive in Florida. He rolled over, yes, you read that correctly, from his belly to his back... yikes! He is also very talkative and has learned to smile. So precious.

The flight home was rough, Sophia really tested us. I am so sad she acted that way and I am also realizing how easy it can be to give in to her every cry. But in order to not let her get away with things we have to be firm now. Very hard. she has also resorted to hitting me... oh that makes me mad. But I have kept my cool and dont retaliate.... as hard as it is not to... I just hold onto her a little tighter and let her kick and scream and try to talk to her. So hard though, being a part of a two year old is rough!!!

I did get a boo boo while there, so silly on my part. I had picked up my father in laws excercise thing... lack of a better word... and it snapped and got my face. It hurt so bad and I have a very pretty cut that is now bruising and will probably have a scar, but I am ok. Its tender and its ugly, but whatever. Thankfully it didn't get my eye.... so whatever, I'm over it.

I also feel as though I'm coming down with a cold... boo hoo... I am just going to ignore it and eat right and try to get some rest... maybe it'll go away? maybe just maybe?

Ok, so I'll probably do another post later today, more on my mind just not enough time right now. I need to go eat.... just not that hungry. Being sick will do that to a person.

No comments: