Four little Emmoreys

Four little Emmoreys

Sunday, March 8, 2009

A wonderful day!!

What a great day! God really is amazing, duh right!

I was able to get a bottle ready for Elliot and I truly believe its because God wanted me to hear what Pastor Doug wanted to share in church today. It was great, he talked about how my response is my responsibilty. No matter what happens in my day, I can control how I respond. Something I find myself struggling with. Even lately, I find myself getting frustrated with my children, with Randy and todays message really convicted me and my way of doing things.

I realized today, that I can never have a bad day again, I can choose to let the situations around me influence my day, or I can let the things that dont go my way, go, and choose to have a good attitude. I never wnat to have another bad day.

Then tonight in youth group, and a little in sunday school today, we talked about what is our purpose on earth, why were you created. It really made me thing as well. Its not that I was created to make God happy, He doesn't need me to be happy, or for His glory, but what is awesome, GOD wants me. He may not need me to do His work, but He wants me. I think that is even better than needing me, that He wants me. Its just awesome.

We really challenged the teens tonight to make your days purposful, to really live each day to glorify God in our decisions and actions and its something I can do as well. I am not in high school anymore, but I can still relate it all my every day life!

Gods word is amazing, and there is always something you can learn and use in your life.

I would be so lost without God's word and without my relationship I have with Christ. First of all, I would be going to hell and no one wants that! And second of all, I am never alone! I have unconditional love, somethign my husband or parents or children can give me. They may love me, but not like God does. That kind of love is indescribable really... its amazing.

Ok, I just got word that our furnace has water around it due to the amount of rain coming down... ugh... but we'll deal with it and move on, and praise God for a house and a place to stay dry!

No comments: