Four little Emmoreys

Four little Emmoreys

Saturday, March 7, 2009

A great day with some great people

So today it rained all day, kind of a gloomy day, but we went to a wedding, and the wedding was so wonderful!

Here is a little history for you... the summer of 2004 I was visiting Randy in Reed City and there was a girl named Emily who just graduated from high school and just was going to find a job for the summer. I offered a job at Slippery Rock Baptist Camp and she thought it sounded like fun. So two days later we are in the car heading to PA for the summer. She had so much fun and it was an awesome summer. Well, she liked PA enough she moved back and lived out that way until recently. Well, she met a nice young man and they got married today! I can't take any credit for it, but I was a tool God used in putting that couple together!

AND, to make it even better, PAstor Dave married them, in Reed City, the church Randy and I started at as a couple. It was awesome. He was so surprised when we walked into the room... I loved it. God does things in only ways HE can forsee and make happen. I never thought that was going to happen, but it did!

I had a great visit with him, and with everyone from the reception. Kind of nice to see people from "home" in my new home. Doesn't happen very often, so when it does, its extra special.

We are loosing an hour of sleep tonight, as if I need any help in that department! So we attempted to get Sophia to bed sooner and it worked! Her little body is exhausted and was ready for sleep.

Oh, more big news. We are going to try cloth diapers for Elliot. I did the math and its going to save us lots of money over the course of the time between now and diaper free days... so its all going to be good. I am washing them now and I will start tomorrow! I only bought 3 to start, but I am pretty sure I will be ordering more. 3 will not last me very long! The way this little guy goes, it will only be a few hours! before I need to wash again! lol

Ok, so the clock says 9, but its really 10, so I may head to bed soon. Although I am wired up right now, maybe a few more minutes of cleaning but now that I sat down, that is probably not going to happen!

No comments: