Four little Emmoreys

Four little Emmoreys

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Day Care

So, today Randy had this idea, to finish our room in the garage, that is a family room, actually its a mess really, and turn it into a daycare room. He wants me to look into getting my license so I can take on more children and go about it legally.

I am currently watching two little boys, an almost 2 year odl and a 7 week old, and I love it. I really feel like God has blessed me with the ability to take care of children and have the patience to deal with them. He has even mentioned taking out a loan to finish the room this summer so I can start up this fall.

I realize daycare ties you down greatly to your house and it may not be everything I have in my mind, but I could do it for a few years until my children are in school, and then even continue. We dont do things to simply make money, but if I did the math right, it could create a nice sum of money each month, which would help out tremendously!!

So the process to do this, first we need to see what getting a license will take, how hard it is to maintain, and all the little things we will need to do to get it, Then we need to borrow the money to get the room ready. The room right now, is a cement floor that is gross and yucky. It is also the home of our dogs, which I'm not sure what would happen to them. One person told me you can't have dogs when you own a daycare, but I have seen a daycare in town with a fenced in yard with dogs in it, with children. But she may not have a license, she could jsut be doing what I'm doing.

Oh, and then the fun part, the name. Not sure where to even begin! I hate the thought of being tied down everyday, but like the thought of being able to make money at doing what I really enjoy.

So, if you are reading this, please pray for me. This is a decision I want to really pray and seek the best for our family. So if doing a daycare is what I feel led to do, then so be it, but I really want to not jump into it without really thinking it all out. So, the next few days/weeks even I am going to pursue what is best for our family. I think it may be kind of fun, but we will just have to see.

The two little boys I watch now are so dear to me. THe one I have been watching for a year now and I love him, he has become a litle son to me, I take care of him like he is one of my own, and then am glad to give him back to mom later. The new little guy I have only had two days so far, but he is a sweetheart as well. I have enjoyed every minute with him!

Ok, so tomorrow is going to come fast, and hopefully Elliot will go to bed here in a few minutes and sleep till 6... heres hoping at least!

No comments: