Four little Emmoreys

Four little Emmoreys

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Diving In!

So, I have been looking at ways to work our budget to save money. One thing I havve done, leave the credit cards at home! Shoot, I may send them to work with Randy, online shopping is just as bad!

Anyway, I have invested some time and thought into the cloth diapers market. After talking to some ladies on the wonderful january birth board I belong to, I went ahead and did it, I have three now and the rest are coming.

Dont get me wrong, I'm not doign it b/c its better for the environment or for my baby. I used the disposable diapers for Sophia and she never had diaper rashes other than one or two when she has been sick and teething. She will continue with them until she is potty trained.

So, I have 15 bum genius diapers, they are all in ones, where I just have to stuff the liner and put them on him and wash the whole thing. And I will have 15 prefolds and 3 covers. I was told I dont need a cover per diaper I can use the same cover more than once between washings. So that gives me 30 diapers. (I just bought 12 more BG and had 3 already)

Randy is actually excited to try this with me. He wants to know how to take care of them to get the most use out of them. I figure, I have just under $300 invested so far and I am pretty sure I wont have to buy more over the course of Elliots diapering days. But even if I do, it is still cheaper than buying diapers every month! You could easily spend between $2500-$3000 on diapers over the course of 3 years (lets me honest, most children are not potty trained in 2 years, most take longer!)

I bought my diapers online at www.cottonbabies.com and would be happy to help you out if you are interested in finding out more or going cloth yourself for you little ones. Yes, it may be gross to wash all the diapers, but if I am saving money, then its worth it!

And you dont use that much laundry detergent to wash the diapers, so you aren't spending more on soap than diapers, so it does equal out!

On other news, Sophia was laying next to Elliot this morning and just chomped down on his hand, and left marks. Oh it made me so mad! She does little things like that to get my attention and oh it worked today! She may spend her whole day in timeout today!!

No comments: