Four little Emmoreys

Four little Emmoreys

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Ice Skating

Why do people go ice skating? Put these funny boots on your feet with blades on the bottom and go on a big oblong shape ice.. and go in circles, and put themselves in risk of falling and hurting themselves. Why? Because why not!

I haven't been ice skating in years, and it reallly took me back tonight to my younger years, of growing up and waiting for "the pond" to freeze. Getting all bundled up with goofy hats from grandmas bin of mismatched hats and gloves and going out and playing hockey. I can remember trying to do figure skating moves with my cousins and we had a blast! We would have some sing songs while you did your routine, and we always tried to do special stunts. THEN on some weekends when we started driving, we would make the 20 minute drive to the actual ice arena and go skate where we would try to show off the mad skill we had. (My skill was trying not to fall)

It really took me back though and I had a great time remember what it was like, Steph, Mandy, Lex and Robyn and I would enjoy the few times we could actually skate on my Grandmas pond a winter. Life seemed so simple back then. I like that simple life.

On another note, I was actually able to go because some good friends said they would watch my children. Praise the Lord! I got to go be Sara for the night instead of "moma" Now there is nothing wrong with being mommy, but sometimes, its super nice to get out of that and just be an adult without a child hanging on you. But by the end of the night, I was ready to hear that beautiful word "Mommy!" when I came in the house.... Its a word I hold dear to me, because my little Sophia says it, I love that child!

So here I am, awake at 3 AM, long story, you'll have to ask me why I was up, when my children are both asleep and Elliot did not need to eat. I wont put it on here, but go ahead and ask if you really want to know.

Well, I'm off to hopefully drift back asleep. I am constantly listening for my baby boy to cry out for me to say "mommy I'm hungry, please come get me!" But he hasn't, he wouldn't eat when we got home and I tried to feed him at 11, so we put him to bed expecting him not to make it all night, so far, its been since 8 that he ate (7 hours) and I'm hoping he goes another 4 at this point, but if its sooner than that, I'll deal with it.

No comments: