Four little Emmoreys

Four little Emmoreys

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Having a good Tuesday!

So, here is the update I was talking about in the previous post. I have a short attention span and a very hard time focusing on what I am doing if someone is in the room talking or if the tv is on or radio... hmm... that is why I liked to sit in the front of the class ... couldn't pay attention otherwise!

So Elliot is doign great. He slept from 12 (ish) to 5, and now he is still asleep. I need to wake him up to feed him, but I'll give him another 30 minutes to wake up on his own then its feeding time!

What a great weekend in the word at church! Randy preached, I didn't get to hear it, but I enjoyed sunday school and then youth group. Randy shared about Moses and how he gave up the life of luxery and prosperty to lead God's people out of Egypt to the promised land. I was wondering of all the things I have or would be willing to give up to follow God.

Well, after my freshman year of college I decided to leave Geneva college and the track scholarship I had worked so hard for 6 years of high school (jr high too) to earn and then I walked away from it. It had become more important than my relationship with God and I knew if I continued in that path that I would walk away from God completely. I wasn't sure it was the right thing to do, but looking back now, I am veyr sure it was the best.

Also, as a new mom, this thought has been on my mind lately. It would be very easy for me to build up a resentment to my husband. I have to get up a few times at night to feed our son and every time I look over at him, he (randy ) is sound asleep. Yes I know he has to go to work and doesn't get the chance to take naps during the day, but I dont get a nap every day either! I really want a good night of sleep and as Elliot gets older and the sleepless nights continue, the more this feeling could continue. BUT I kicked it in the butt. I know its only for a season... Elliot will eventually sleep through the night and wont need me to get up with him every night a few times just to eat... so I just should enjoy the special time with him and stop complaining right?? RIGHT!

Ok, I have to go feed Elliot. He doesn't know it yet, but I'm about to wake him.... enough of this night life and being awake at night. We are going to spend some time today with him awake!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Sara - I found your blog off your facebook site, hope you don't mind. Excellent post here. I definitely struggled with the resentment thing before Kendrick slept through the night and I was still breastfeeding. It's only by God's grace that I could find joy in allowing my hubby to sleep when I didn't get to. A couple of friends kept telling me to just enjoy/cherish the time I got to spend nursing in the night because they grow up so fast. But I'm sure you already know that - already having Sophia.
I didn't know you had given up a track scholarship to go to Bible college - way to go - praise the Lord!